quote:
Originally posted by Jim Toncar:
Donald, the Mess Dress tunic was worn at afternoon functions, the tuxedo at formal evenings functions. The Picture you show is of Press Chief Dietrich wearing a Overcoat (notice shouldereboard) This pattern mess dress tunic does not have a shoulderboard , although on a SS Generals tunic it does have the light grey lapels, I will ask Paul to post pictures of Karl Wolffs Mess dress for me which show the Light grey lapels . The Mess Dress tunic has to be considered the rarest of all SS tunics by far.
jim

Dear Sir, I understand the above. I just had this nice picture of Dietrich which cried out for inclusion somewhere. The Gesellschaftanzg of yours, double breasted, with the piping is remarkable, of course, as is your material generally. Did not Shea sell off one of these connected with v. Ribbentrop's aide, who was later executed in the wake of the 20 July? Or was this piece from your collection, instead? In any case, thank you for the images from your world renowned treasures. Does anyone in Europe have similar material? Thank you for posting and we await all future pictures from your Schatzkammer. Viel Sammlerglueck.