quote:
I am sure that some other collector out there is going to put up a sword or dagger which has an inscription that meets all the criteria which I say should be present in the formation of the lettering

Fred , we talked at the MAX. Talked a long time in the bar and yes, I was there for the WATCH presentation and knighthood of Mr.G.

I do not like posting my collection to the world, I know of two other 1938 shooing prize swords (1938) And both have come up over much different periods of time and price. And of course the shooting prize swords of the 20s up to the last 1938. They all are handworked hilts, they all originaly had blued scabbards, they all were waffen marked, they all had damascus blades,(the earlier ones had a quillback style) as I said there are one or two 1930s models pictured in Johnson's new sword picture books.
I will work on some pictures...
Regards: DAMAST
P.S. We seem to be moving around on what is wrong with this sword. One time it is the fact it is waffen marked.Then this is blown out of the water and then we move on to hilt handwork etching etc.... I wish I would of heard a price before it was sold to Helmut W.

Collector of Edged Weapon art.