LH 600:

You are correct, sir.

I don't believe that anyone has raised an issue with its authenticity, only concerns about the high price. When you consider that the another, but better shape, Himmler recently was offered by Paul Hogle at 21k (maybe sold for that, maybe sold for a little less), I am not sure if the price that Craig had on his site was too far out of line.

Rare and sought after items are going up. Added to this is the decline in value of the US$ compared to other currencies, only means that the world price is not rising as fast as you think. Welcome to the world of currency inflation / deflation.

Three years ago, I paid $10k US for a Himmler, but that came to 13k in Canadian $. If it sold today, it would sell for about 17-20k on a retail site, but that would only be a little more than 17-20k in C$. You see a 100% price inflation (10k to 20k), I see 50% (13k to 20k).

It is even more pronounced when you compare to Euros or other world currencies. Now you see why prices are going up dramatically locally, but seem cheap for those living in other lands.

Sorry it this comes across as a lecture... it is not intended as such.

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.