I do not know, nor have I purchased from nor sold to, the main contenders in this thread. The way any business is conducted is variable. I strongly believe the customer should be satisfied with his purchase, regardless. He should also be provided a full refund, less reasonable fees, such as shipping, etc. As most know, no amount of description, nor number of photos, can substitute for the old "hands on" examination. This is especially true in this hobby, where honest differences of opinion as to authenticity, condition, etc., frequently occur. Undoubtedly, there are those buyers who regularly return items for scant or no reason. They are undoubtedly thorns in the sides of sellers, particularly dealers. I can understand the exasperation one would feel dealing with such a collector. That collector should be dealt with on an individual basis. Either cease selling to him or add the condition of a substantial stocking fee for him only. However, a large restocking fee, which could amount to thousands of dollars, is outrageous, regardless of who the seller is. If a buyer is unwilling to accept the terms of a sale, he should simply avoid doing business with the seller. There are true expert sellers and there are self-styled "expert" sellers, who can and do deceive buyers, or simply don't know what they are talking about when advertising an item. Setting a high "restocking fee" enables the ignorant and the unscrupulous to glean substantial amounts from dissatisfied buyers whether an item is permanently sold or not. For honest sellers, setting unusual sales provisions, even though it is their right to do so, tends to throw a dim light on their business endeavors.