Hi,
I'm a new member as of today but can't really say that I'm a collector. I've fallen into a lucky situation just as you have described. My grandmother passed away recently and she had in her basement in Maine this SA High Leader dagger and another plain bayonet. My father told me that his uncle had picked these up while he was in Germany during WWII. When he died, I guess they went to his sister (my grandmother). I can definitely say that they have never been in a collection! As part of my research I came to this site and saw the good comments.

I'm not even remotely skilled in assessing the condition but the dagger looks to be in fairly good shape. The gold of the "Alles for Deutschland" and the oak leaves is still very much intact. The big problem is with the scabbard which is completely missing the leather and has a rust spot on it. The chain is still intact.

Thanks to the link from Mongobongo, I'm astonished by what this dagger may be worth.
Anyway, I am looking to sell this dagger and asking for advice from this forum as to which dealers you have had good experiences selling to and which ones you have had bad experiences with. I've already sent e-mails off to a couple of dealers. Looking for help.