Hey Guys,

Many thanks for all the compliments and interest! Its greatly appreciated Smile But, I had to pay a very high price to get this beauty, and I can well imagine that some of you were watching with great interest Big Grin Big Grin
Most proberbly the reason why I had to pay such a high price Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

To answer some of the questions:

Sean, firstly, I`d like to say that your dagger you pictured is a real pearler! Razz I just love that silvering, although, I must admit, a dark patina also appeals to me. To answer your question, I have`nt received mine as yet, its still in the post, but, as soon as I get it, I`ll check to see if there is a CE mark on the tang. Didnt even know there wuld be one??

Tom: Whether the blade is nickel or not, I wont be able to say until it arrives? But, I was always under the impression that Eickhorn only produced polished blades Confused
Is`nt this the case? I`ve never seen an Eickhorn with a nickel plated one? I must say, this would interest me, if you could clear me up on that?

Gustavo: Yes, I did purchase the "Sp�nnemann" dagger and I think it`ll make a very interesting research topic! I only hope I get somewhere with it? Many thanks for the tips and the info, its greatly appreciated Wink

I`ve included a pic of the blade, so maybe one can determine whether its plated or not. To me it looks like its polished? By the way, the vet who had it, applied alot of grease to the blade to preserve it, and it looks like it did the job, but needless to say, I`ll be removing it when it arrives.
Once again Gents, many thanks for the compliments!

Cheers,
Dion

Early-Eickhorn-blade.jpg (81.5 KB, 386 downloads)

Even the Gods are helpless against stupidity!