quote:
Originally posted by RLI:
Hi,
I am new to this site. I have collected german helmets for 20 years and have recently turned my interest towards police items, particulary gorgets; however, I haven't been able to find/get a whole lot info about them. I have a Feldgendarmerie gorget and recently had an opportunity to compare it to a Feldjagerkorps gorget which was purchased from the Collector's Guild. There are several distinct differnces: The Feldgendarmerie gorget is all magnetic, the Feldjager plate a chain are, but the buttons, scroll and eagle are not. The edging on the Feldgendarmerie is much more pronounced and even throughout than the Feldjager. The eagles are different from one another. The silver finish on the Feldgendarmerie is more flat. The Feldgendarmerie measures 6 3/8" X 3" and the Feldjager 6 7/16" X 3". Both seem to weigh the same and feel heavy, especially the chains. The Feldgendarmerie chain has 42 links and is constructed the same as the Feldjager chain, which has 41 links. The back of the Feldgendarmerie gorget is paper and has a vertical center tang, the Feldjager backing is felt with an angled center tang. There are no markings on either piece. Both glow yellow/green, with the Feldjager having a much stronger glow. Are these good pieces? Are the deminsions and construction correct? How many different mfgs were there? Does anyone know of any "good" reference materials regarding gorgets. Thanks, RLI

MVC-008S.JPG (38.24 KB, 418 downloads)