Here are some pics that I promised awhile back. I did check the Germania Website. The ring they are listing is a copy, although I wasn't so certain that they made that clear in their description. I also have a copy similar to theirs, presumably from the same source in Georgia. It is the silver ring pictured, and I assume that it was modeled after the gold, boxed ring pictured here.

I contracted with a local jeweler to make a more accurate copy. Apparently it wasn't very challenging to him, so whomever made the copies from the original was not a very talented jeweler.

The boxed ring was manufactured by Hemmerle Brothers, Muenchen. It has been authenticated by them at their store, albeit reluctantly. This is not the sole example as their records show that they made a "number" of them, although their records do not show how many, nor for whom. It is a womans ring. Hemmerle retains original artwork and sketches, although they do not allow public access.

If someone would like more detailed pics, I will be happy to oblige. Please feel free to comment and thanks for looking.

Mike

DSC01853.JPG (50.46 KB, 280 downloads)