Without making pointed, disparaging remarks, there can be very little doubt that these hilt parts will be used to convert a police sword. If it makes someone feel good to own an SS officer "parts" degen, I guess there is nothing that can be done about it. If the conversion is immediately sold as an SS degen only, without comment about the conversion, that is a very strong moral issue. In any case, sometime, somewhere, the degen will wind up in the market place for a very high price and without mention of the conversion. If done properly, an easy task, no one will know about the conversion. I don't doubt there are many swords and daggers that have replaced parts or have been converted that are undetectable to a collector. I would not want to convert a police sword to an SS one and keep it. It would always bother me to know it is not the real thing. But, I guess a conversion is tempting to a collector who has always wanted an SS officer degen, knowing most are beyond his means. Something else to be of concern to the collecting community. I would be very cautious about any SS degen where the hilt attaches to the tang as police swords do. More and more, the "Dachau" degens are looking better. Those and the expensive early all nickel-silver degens. A textbook" "Dachau" sword may or may not be made up of parts postwar, but it is easily identifiable as being proper in its makeup.