Thank you all for the suggestions. I checked around at the SOS show, and several people pointed to Reise House as the man with most experience and with the proper references. He actually did a fantastic job using period thread. What he also found out is that the medal rings never were attached as there were no signs of threads or clips inside the ribbons, and that the medals originally were only attached around the base. This must have caused the EKII to have come off during the war (after the photos were taken), as there was a loop that had been holding the EKII in place just over its center. I discussed this with Reise, if I should bring it back to what it looked like on the photo, or what it looked like after the EKII was reattached. We came to the conclusion that the correct thing was to bring it back to the latest KNOWN arrangement.

I also used the SOS show to gather together a few other missing awards in this group, which now is complete. I will post some photos later.

Again, thanks to all.

And to Gaspare, yes that is an embrioded TDB. One of very few known to exist, and this one with solid provenance.

Erik

[Linked Image from img244.imageshack.us]