Thanks Donald and also to everyone else that took the time to reply. Wilkin's book on headgear lists Erel-Lubstein as a manufacturer of SS officer visors in all grades, Privat, Extra and Standard models. They all shared similiar traits of manufacture, cream colored or rust colored undersides to visors, wafer thin sweatbands, gold or champagne lining made or rayon or silk. Although there are numerous examples of mint and un-issued Erel Heer and Luft visors good conditioned Erel Waffen SS visors are extremely rare. I think this is one of the main reasons why the outstanding example on Bruce Herman's site realized the price that it did. Also Bruce's offer of a lifetime guarantee of authenticity can not be beat.I am not beating my own horn but I do feel that an Erel visor that conforms to known construction methods would be more desireable than an unmarked example. An unquestionably authentic un-marked SS officer's visor is desireable in its own right. At the end of the day it is the preference of the buyer/collector that must be satisfied cheers, Ryan