Frederico,

The first time I saw a G�ring goblet similar to yours it was being advertised for sale in Sept. 2004 on relicsofthereich.com for $2,500. The goblet was one of 9 Zeitner items that were for sale on that website. The advertisement stated the following description:

quote:
Special Offering !! Original Silver from Hermann Goring !!

NOW FOR SALE SEPARATELY !!!!
This is a very Special Offering. These items have never been on the market before and have never been in any collection.
The group of items were recently purchased from the still living Daughter of Professor Zeitner - the house jeweller and Gold and silver Smith to Hermann Goring. Zeitener's daughter still lives in a North German town and has had these items for the past 60 years.
These are 100% real and unquestionable and will come with a lifetime Guarantee of originality .
The items were either work in progress for Goring or items returned for repairs which never made it back to Goring.

2. A Beautiful handcrafted large Silver Goblet. The Goblet stands 7" tall and is made from hand hammered silver - again Hallmarked and with the Zeitner mark. The Goblet is embellished with the a real Gold art-deco style Eagle and swastika and real Gold Goring family coats of arms. The stem has superb gilt oakleaves wrapped around. This is a truly stunning piece of art !!
$2500

Later in 2006, it appears the same goblet was advertised for sale on hannahsreich.com for �950.00.

I have re-examined the photos from these two advertisements. One of the photos from relicsofthereichs.com shows the size, location and spacing of the Zeitner and silver marks that appear to exactly match the marks on your goblet. Although the photo is a bit out of focus I can also see that the pattern of superficial scratches adjoining the marks is the same. This comparison, along with the identical design of the goblets, leads me to believe that your goblet is the same one that relicsofthereichs.com had for sale.

According to relicsofthe reich.com, the goblet was acquired directly from Herbert Zeitner's living daughter. Therefore, if you want to know more about the goblet's provenance you should contact them.

Best regards,
Carinhall