Johnny, It�s very obviously your call what to do with the knife. But I don�t know if that it�s really necessary to send it out. Inasmuch as the knife by itself from the images shown (especially the later more detailed ones) I don�t think would be prompting any particular concern or comments if the blade were blank. And while I appreciate the very considerable experience that both have in Third Reich blades. I�m not aware of any special expertise in manufacturing techniques that either might possess which (IMO) is a significant aspect of the matter as to whether the commercial type of trademark on the blade was postwar added or not. And the other factor being the status of Voos as a supplier of military goods during the mid to late wartime years.

Again speaking generally: Value is a relative thing, and years ago many items that are now a lot more valuable were much cheaper. And it was not uncommon to see more or less average or better items �enhanced� back then with inscriptions, coats of arms, logos, decorated blades - whatever to get a better selling price. And they went into collections. And from the old collections some of the items periodically emerge to slowly stream into the marketplace. There are a lot of really desirable items in some old collections. And (unfortunately) there are also non-period altered items and outright fakes as well. With my point being that at the moment it�s unknown just when the blade got its logo - 60 years - 60 months - 60 days?? Who knows?

In the meantime, if I was looking for a little peace of mind, personally I would be taking the entire knife (and most especially the blade) out into the sunlight. And with strong magnification be looking at the bluing inside the trademark and on the blade ricasso. And the polish of the blade. To see if the bluing was a uniform color. And if there were any signs of discontinuities or fooling around. Regards, FP