I recently purchased a nice, very early RZM dagger. I think this proves that not all RZM daggers are "junk". I hold this one in the same regard as I would a maker-marked in the same condition. The nickel fittings are beautiful and the grip to crossguard fit is excellent. It has the thick, chunky grip and "heavy" feel. Very early, pre-RZM hanger which is a little salty. DRGM marked inside clip, ship's anchor with "s" in the middle stamped on outside reverse of clip. Perfect fit to the scabbard. 98% original paint remains on scabbard, nickel fittings very nice, and good ball. I really like this dagger. It has all the high quality of the early maker-marked pieces. What do you guys think about it??

Now for the mystery. RZM 188/35. Unknown maker. I want to see if any of this dagger's unique characteristics match those of a specific known maker. This dagger has some slightly different lettering in the motto. Notice the top of the T in Treue is curved. Some of the letters have more of a "curve" in some areas, that you don't find on most other daggers. I do not in any way doubt the authenticity of this dagger, rather want to find another that shares these characteristics. Crossguards are internally marked P.A. as commonly seen. Tang is marked with a "M" over a "V". Crossguard is district stamped "I". Any ideas? Lets get this 188 maker identified!

1.jpg (19.26 KB, 618 downloads)