I'm Sorry, I think your first name is Martin, correct? Anyway, Yeah, that's what we were talking about on the aluminum. Count 'em up: #1 your base coat Activating solution or aluminum Jelly, #2 Copper or Brass, #3 whatever your finish coat is. So that is 3 times you have to plate something to refinish it. Not Horrible, but a pain in the A at any rate! And what I am afraid of is it won't look like the original stuff that is on the fittings to begin with! So that would make it neccesary to strip EVERYTHING down and refinish the whole mess! Did you look at the grip fittings I got, The stuff that is on them is not really like regualr plating, more like some kind of paint / plating. Fred was telling me about "Brennlak" Paint Plating that the germans used to use and I kind of have the feeling that this is what I have on these pieces. I don't mind the look of the Grip fittings, but I am concerned about the scabbard fittings because the stuff is bubbling and kind of "dusting" off. I know that the fittings are corrodng under the stuff and am trying to decide the best way to go. 3FL

"Don't crush that Dwarf! Hand ME the Pliers."
Frank Zappa