Jim, that is one beautiful looking Labor Corp dagger that you have!

I agree that examples of these daggers are found with or without a leather covered scabbard. From my observations, the ones produced in Bulgaria (or at least not maker marked) often times are not leather covered and show no traces of ever having been. The "German" produced ones seem to have been leather covered. By the way, Puma is the only firm (outside of Bulgaria) that I have seen as a maker of these daggers. Anyone have an example made by another German firm? Another variation I have seen are examples of those with or without a grooved blade. As I mentioned in another post, many variations in Bulgarian daggers seem to exist.

Jim, interesting to note that my Labor dagger came with cloth hangers and not a chain. I always assumed that a chain hanger was correct for this piece. However, I wonder if a cloth one was used at some point in time or was it an option. Most Labor daggers that I have seen are without a hanger of any sort so I have always wondered why when so many other hangers seem to exist.

I will take some pictures of my Labor Corp and post them later today.

Gary