Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On 23rd December 1933 it was reported in the newspaper, The Danube Messenger, that the first R�hm Ehrendolch (with R�hm dedication) was presented to Julius Uhl, Head of the Stabschef R�hm Stabswache. Prototypes had been fabricated for several months under the supervision of R�hm not G�ring (as subsequent post R�hm purge propaganda falsely claimed).

�Hohe Auszeichnung Verleihung eines Ehrendolches f�r Standartenf�hrer Uhl durch Stabschef R�hm.�, Der Donaubote,

A
A J Offline
A
Hi Neal great to see you posting again

S
S
Hi Neal,
Glad to see you around again.
Permanent??
Cheers
Seiler (Yank in UK) Wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankfully none of us are permanent! I'm not really around, either. Just came across some useless useful information I didn't quite know what to do with.

I should add from recollection that this is the earliest public announcement of a R�hm dagger I have heard of... There may be other earlier news items lurking in German newspapers.

Though other Staff members certainly did receive this final Christmas present, Julius Uhl's is the only one I have heard of that made the papers.

S
S
Cheers.
Bon Chance.
Seiler Wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've not been around for a while now guys as I have simply not had the stomach for it.

To cut a long story...

A day before my birthday, Jan. 2007, I was held at gun point in my house for some forty minutes whilst four robbers set about ransacking my property. Unfortunately they came across one of my (not so well hidden, it would transpire) caches of daggers and other NSDAP collectibles. Suffice to say they made off with over a couple of dozen daggers together with other bits and bobs...

Luckily!!?? Having had a Myocardial Infarct a few years previously I suffered another which unnerved them sufficiently to cause their flight with only a small part of what may have been uncovered. Having already tied a friend of mine to a chair and then threatened to do the same to me I lost my composure at the thought of them gaining free reign to turn my house inside out and the MI was triggered. In quite a surreal turn of events two of the robbers ran about trying to find my medication whilst another, dumbfounded, kept rifling through cupboards lifting freshly discovered cased daggers! Eventually my demands for an ambulance loosed them from their crime.

Needless to say I found (and still find) this event profoundly unsettling and retreated much further into myself than is healthy.

It was almost three months before I could gain sufficient courage to go through the disturbed part of my collection to determine what had actually been stolen. I submitted pictures of all missing items to the police here in the UK and had everything else put into safe deposit boxes since when I have not looked at a dagger.

I was advised not to publish pictures of the stolen daggers and other items on the internet (here at GD.Com or anywhere) as this could or would deter any fence from trying to sell them.

Despite the advice to keep an eye out for them on the internet I've only logged on here a very few times...but really I cannot quite bring myself to enquire or indulge.

Pity knows where my emotions would take me if I were to see one of my daggers up for sale.

I see from skimming through some of the postings made here whilst absent I see I've missed some fascinating threads.

Maybe one day I'll re-emege intact and go over the more interesting discussions with a less perturbed mind.

In the meantime, hello to all you hello fellows.

Well you've lived through everyone's nightmare. I hope that you can find a way to get yourself past it and enjoy a happier existence.

I've always appreciated your posts for their measured and cerebral nature. Needless to say, we could use a bit more of that.

Hi Neal
I dont knoiw you but good luck on your road back to full health,do not let the trash that carried this out win this one, you have got to much knowledge to pass on ,

All the best steve

R
R
Hello Neal, nor do I know you, however, I like to think of life as a book. Each nite you close the book and in the morning there's a new page to read! Smile
Be Well, and Best Regards to you, Roger

Never fry bacon in the nude!
Hi Neal thats harsh.everyone's nightmare!
try not to let it get you down.from what i have seen of your posts here you are a very inteligent and well respected guy.
all the best for the future
Sean

Regards Sean
Neal, terrible story! I'm so glad you made it out alive. Rest assured, daggers like yours are very hard to move without drawing attention. I'll certainly be on the lookout. Welcome back!

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com
I understand Neil. I have been robbed once and this is why I keep my daggers in safety deposit boxes in different banks. I was lucky and they got caught due to alarms. The second time they didn't even make it into the house.
Some collectors ask me how I can keep them in the bank or at least why and your story is the very reason they are in the bank. Most of them are not replaceable, especially those from the US veterans with stories attached.
The other reason is fire or tornado in the midwest. The bank is safer in my opinion.
Welcome back,
Ron Weinand

MAX CHARTER MEMBER

LIFE MEMBER OVMS
P
P
hello neal-i feel sick over the news of your robbery.i was robbed a little over a year ago.i let them in my house.they called and said they had a sword for sale.there was a scuffle,i tried to twist the gun out of the thiefs hand and got smacked in the side of the head for my efforts. tied up with duct tape,head covered with a blanket they took 30 fine daggers 25 pistols a watch collection,japanese swords etc.i was sure they would kill me-they didnt.i was a beaten man-a lot different from the gun toten pocket full of cash braggard that i was.to say i am careful now is an understatement.i was stupid.i was insured by c.i.a. they paid every cent in full-no problems at all.it healed me.my stuff is gone.no worries-i was paid.i know something most collectors think they know-but they really dont. YOU MUST AND I SAY MUST BE INSURED.2ND.DO NOT BE COCKY LIKE I WAS.THINKING YOU ARE TO SMART TO BE ROBBED.WHAT A FOOL I WAS.NEAL YOU WILL HEAL.GOOD LUCK,I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU.I HOPE THEY CATCH THE THIEVES AND YOU GET YOUR STUFF BACK.PAUL

B
B
Sounds like a good plug for gun control. Only the bad guys have them but the police will be there to protect you!!!!

I feel sorry about your experience, you should thank god these *******s cared about your health.Most of them are not so much compassionate.

Been in this path almost a year ago, I got burgled.To the people never had this horrible experience, let me tell you how it feels.It feels like you've been raped.The idea of your private shelter, your house, been violated is so similar to rape.

Gun prohibition my @ss.

????? ????
S
S
Dear Neal,
Really sorry to hear about that crime being committed against you.
It seems that many of us collectors don't realize what a target we present due to the value of our collections to the criminal element in todays society.
I have known several collectors who have gone out of the hobby after an incident like this. Not just because of the shock of the actual crime and the personal sense of loss of their beloved collection, but also because they felt if they couldn't have it on the wall enjoying in full view everyday they didn't want to have it a collection in the mind. Having it locked up rarely to see the light of day anymore.

Best Wishes to you and I hope for a full recovery so you can be made whole once more.

-serge-

F
F
Very sorry to hear of this violence against you and your property. I am glad you are well enough to communicate this information with us.

I must admit this is yet another confirmation to me that having only my inherited dagger and keeping it in a bank safety deposit box (it just fits perfectly) was a good decision.

On the other hand the safety deposit box is with CitiBank!?

Glad you are still here to tell the sad tale. Very sad what some will do these days. This is why I love my AK 47 Mad

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,270,325 SS Bayonets
1,767,949 Teno Insignia Set
1,140,393 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
And more junk
by Stephen - 06/09/2024 09:14 AM
framed iron cross
by Cameron - 06/08/2024 09:04 PM
Dagger SA Röhm SMF
by AnatoliyD - 06/07/2024 03:20 PM
Hessian infantry officer's saber
by Chiska - 06/07/2024 01:43 PM
Latest New Posts
framed iron cross
by Luftbud - 06/09/2024 09:26 PM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 06/09/2024 09:14 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 06/09/2024 05:19 PM
Dagger SA Röhm SMF
by AnatoliyD - 06/09/2024 04:25 PM
And more junk
by Stephen - 06/09/2024 10:13 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,682
Posts329,389
Members7,550
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Fitzer, ado, den70, Piper, ed773, Vern, Honestmike, bushido), 209 guests, and 585 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod