Ron, It is true that there is no substitute for having a "hands on" inspection with comparison with a known original.
However my experience has shown me that even the "experienced" on occassion make a wrong call on an item.
I may have called this one wrong. But if I did it was not because I didn't examine every H.J. Dutch knife at all the shows. We all know that they are not "out-there" in the open. So, to suggest that I should examine every Dutch knife and "build a base of experience" before I can come to an "opinion" is IMO not realistic and not in the spirit of the forum.
My research had shown an "anomoly" in the motto in the same "A" series run. I posted that "anomoly" to show my reasoning. I also did not particularly like the "Eickhorn" logo.
I look forward to seeing the makers logos on Edwin's examples and to yours when you can dig it out. Also when John recieves his that it exibits the lines in the grip.
It will be interesting and a learning experience for me and I hope others as well.

-serge-