Jon,

Thanks for joining the discussion.

I can believe that the "official" introduction of the SA dagger was well documented in the newspappers, it must have been big news for all the SA men to finally have been permitted to wear a dagger in public.
But I still believe (it would have been only logical!) that there could have been an "unofficial" version(s) before: the Christmas dagger(s)!

Sorry but I am NOT talking about pre produced daggers here: all 3 my daggers have a small mark and that is applied by Eickhorn ONLY to give more space for the dedication on the blade.

And I am NOT talking about 3 identical daggers with just a different makersmark, the Christmas dagger is COMPLETELY different: Grip eagle and position of the eagle, crossguards, blade motto, scabbard (copper), scabbard fittings, ...etc.

So far I still believe firmly that my theory has a chance. Let's not forget that there was minimum 1 more version of the Eickhorn R�hm dagger (that I do not own yet): the one with the normal grip and the "A" motto!

That brings us to 4 different specific Eickhorn R�hm daggers (not pre produced)! Too much to just have been made within an interval of some months in my opinion!

Any other opinions?

Best greetings,

Herman

You never have enough HJ-knifes!