quote:
Originally posted by Gaspare:
Thanks for posting the photos and letters..
Well, those photos strongly, if not exactly match yours.
You mention yours only has one content stamp on the pin,, is finished better, and stones set professionally. It could just be the original buyer paid a little extra for a better quality piece from Souval..

A late war prototype, never put into production? Possible? A possiblity I guess.. Its nice quality, solid silver, gold plated with real sapphires. It has value. Even though you might never be able to prove it wartime , you already own it, its a nice piece, as long as your happy with it thats all that counts....G.

My reasoning seems logical:

Point 1... Superior quality when compared to the Souval copies of the 60's. Or, any other copies.

Point 2... One cannot believe that Souval's record keeping to be that inaccurate?

Point 3... A single marking on the pin is more logical, as opposed to the myriad of markings on the Souval copies.

Point 4... No one has been able to produce any additional photographs of the Souval copies?

Point 5... Period case, obvious from it's construction and not a postwar produced item of the 60's.

Point 6... Silver base metal, gilding, sapphiers and setting jeweler verbal confirmation.

Point 7... The most obvious point ... My specimen exists!

Point 8... With reference to the above four, alleged, photographs of Souval's starting point, someone has yet to take "ownership" as to that fact?

Final point... It has yet to be proven otherwise and, if I'm a "Beggar", as had been implied, then I'm certainly ridding!