Tom: Thanks and it is very good to be back. Regarding the uniqueness of the WKC/Holler guard, it is as unique as the Wittmann identified Pack/Holler guard pictured on page 35 of Wittmann�s army book. In both cases, Holler took a common guard with a sleepy eye (the pack second guard and the WKC initial guard) and added a round eye and a crescent tool mark. They carried the round eye over to their later and more common molded guard. It is indeed only a modified guard of another maker, but so is the Pack/Holler guard and so it the Weyersberg guard for that matter. Admittedly, declaring it is an undocumented guard is a bit of an oversell, but I did that just to add to the fun of the string and draw more readers. With more readers, I was hoping another one would surface. By the way, the provenance of this dagger is unquestionable. This the the Ronald Weinan ? (sorry for the spelling Ron)Holler that was offered for sale on the forum several years ago. He assured me it was veteran purchased. I was thrilled when I saw the unique tool work. To me it Hollers Holler. (You have to be from the south to get that.) By the way Tom, I know you already know everything I stated above, but thanks for letting me say it again. I really want another one of these to pop up.

Ritterkreuz: Your dagger is correct. It has the common molded Holler crossguard for sure and appears to have the Holler pommel. The generic scabbard is correct for the dagger, especially with the white handle. Very attractive handle by the way. I am assuming it is not ivory. Your dagger is not an early one, but very appealing nonetheless and absolutely correct.