Houston, I think exquisite is an understatement, it's way above that. In your mind is there anything that stands out that makes this a Henckels rather than any other maker, I have never seen those fittings on anything else but certain parts of the etch on the blade are noted in my files as from WK&C. I have an unmarked hirschf�nger with a very similar etch that has WK&C traits, I also have seen this similar etch on marked WK&C pieces, that obviously does not mean it is a WK&C,it may not be, Henckels in my opinion were the greatest maker of Hirschf�ngers ever and looking at this piece it wouldn't surprise me if they did make it. I think the central lion in the hilt looks like a Henckels trait, I'm not sure of anything else, the grip I would think would be a one off, the scabbard fittings are wonderful, best I have ever seen as is that clamshell, most of all though the Gilt looks to be in superb condition and gives the piece the glow that only mercury gilt can, they certainly applied the gilt heavy on this piece.

Wonderful example of why these are the best edged weapons that anybody could collect, why more do not I will never understand.

Mike, the chances of this piece leaving the States is very low, though I'll do all I can to own it in the future. Big Grin Big Grin as I'm sure others would like to.

Thanks

Gary