The SS seemed to have its own set of rules when it came to how things were done, so I don�t know if trying to use the the TK rings is a really good example. SS swords made at Dachau did not have to have the SS �Kulturzeichen�. Those from Solingen did, and it included about half of the German Police swords. With, as I recall, there being some kind of indication that what might be considered royalties or payments to the SS being involved. And with the SS items being gifts from Himmler, as opposed to open marketplace sales. Jim, or one of the �silver guys� can correct me on this, but I think that to have an item assayed and marked was not free. And this lack of markings on the rings might just be another example of cost cutting by the SS/Himmler.

The SS Birthday Swords are good examples of what period silver hallmarks from Gahr should look like. These - never seen before or since - fake cast in place markings are unique to the �H�hnlein� daggers. I�ve also done a little work on the alloys/testing etc. and I�m still working on it. When and if these silver dagger chains ever do get tested. The ersatz nickel silver(?) center mounts should be examined as well - because they might have their own �story� to tell. FP