Hello fellow collectors, please, no offending of our forum and collector fellows. I also did start "collect" being 8, 9 years old with another pupil of my class who has had bayonets, medals, knives and other interesting things for me. He brought it from farmers who have brought it home. And I also found several medals of WWI from my grandfather (I still own). We had a lot of fun with all thes items (and, I hav to amit, hav ruined also quite a lot at those times).
Naturally at this age I got no experiencs with rrpp daggers nor FHH daggers or so but the seed has been put into and the interest grew.
I have read with interest what Ron has writen about the rrpp daggers. I also have personal experiences with the certain outside looking of a rrpp to determine the manufacturer. I once have believed that EICKHORN has mad them all, also those without the mm. Afterwards, due to expriences I think H�RSTER did some of their own. But I could observe a vast period exchanging of parts and even whole daggers so I personally think that H�RSTER also did use EICKHORN rrpp parts sometimes and EICKHORN daggers also have been delivered and mm by another manufacturer.
Due to my experiences the exchange of blades postwar in nearly all cases would request some additional work (filing) which easily can be detected on those somehow fragile leightweight crossguards.
Just my thoughts and personal experiences and I am glad to hear and read what others do have.

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.