frwi, nice to hear from another one. I remember having read of some others. I will look for them.
Ron, I am sorry again to dissagree totally. The measurements and dimensions and depths of this one are exactly the same as the other one I recently have shown.
I also have to disagree concerning "silver wash". It is heavy silvering, frosted remaining in small parts (as you can see)where protection laquer has remained and silver patination starting to turn to the (at last by me) so appreciated grey black as only heavy silvering (not easily to recognize in a scan) but never silver "wash" turns to.
It is quite possible that you do not have any experiences with these rarer variants of this generally rare dagger. More "common" ones are the later ones with those ugly simply burnished steel scabbards. Then there come the early ones with the built in scabbard throat (only EICKHORN has been the manufacturer of them) also heavily silvered and the most rare (but if you have luck you can see them from time to time) ar the middle style as shown here. I am deeply sorry as I really thought there would be much more experiences with the several legit variants. The dagger is with unquestionable proveniance.
But - perhaps they were faked already during the 3.R Roll Eyes

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.