Erik, has he mentioned having contact with other W-SS veterans living in Florida?There are or have been others that lived here(dont know if they are still alive?).I think that one of them had written a book...I believe titled "Grenadier"(I know what the book looks like but cant think of the exact or even correct title).I noticed there was a link posted in an earlier reply to a listing for RKTs....I would find it highly unlikely that this individual would be listed.Officialy he is not an RKT.I believe his recommendation would have had to be approved by the OKW and I doubt that happened at that stage of the war.Having been the recipeint of a "battlefield awarding" he may have actually been decorated with an EKII modified with a neck ribbon(just a thought).Anyway he has an impressive list of decorations and I have a listing of recipients of the DKiG and Close Combat Badge in Gold.Have you ask him what brought him to the U.S.?How long has he been here and if he came decades ago did he ever serve in or work for the U.S. military?