Dear Fred and Terry and all other contributors to this forum. I want to thank you for this learning session that is in motion, as I believe it not only helps me with my collection but others that like the Etched Bayonets.

On Fred�s behalf I have check the number units and did not realize I missed one which is shown in the front and back photos attached. It is the highest numbered unit I have in Etched bayonet units and it turned out to be a Eickhorn blade with the crossed rifles I had passed over. Number 119

On the conversation with the last Eickhorn stamped squirrel I have attached a group of stamped trademarks of the plain blades. There is a distributor mark on the side of the first plain blade �OTTO BROMER JR. WOLFENBUTTEL. I found none with etched blades of the last stamped squirrel pattern.

The last two photographs are of a forestry cutlass with the stamped squirrel and an etched blade and I have other hunting pieces of this trade mark period that are etched�Maybe there are some bayonets out there that are not found yet with the etches on the late models?

Sincerely,
HUBERTUS

9.20.1.jpg (15.51 KB, 183 downloads)