Mikee, Inasmuch as neither Grant Bias who earlier promised some pictures of the signatures (September 26, 2009). And Craig who stated: �these are NOT engraved (none of them), but acid etched.�, and was quite clearly offered the opportunity to prove that he actually had some of the expertise that he was claiming. With neither of them posting any (additional) images of any kind - usable or not. I sincerely doubt that we will have any help from the dealers and/or current owners who now have �H�hnlein" daggers in their possession. But that�s just my opinion - who knows?

Unfortunately during the discussion I�ve let my filing system get all messed up, and won�t really have time until next week to try and bring it all back into line. In the interim, here is an example that I hope helps (along with the Offermann picture for a comparison).

When you think about it. The scam that these counterfeiters pulled off is pretty remarkable for the give or take 45 or 50 years that it has (reportedly) existed. And no one questioned the ersatz/inferior workmanship and materials? On what was supposed to be a high end dagger from the Carl Eickhorn company? Confused FP

NSKK_H_duo-Off.jpg (48.37 KB, 368 downloads)