David, Speaking generally there are three different types of stampings seen. Roll, drop hammer, and hand stamp. Roll stamping is common on rifle receiver rings. And for daggers, the only comparative images I can find at the moment are for the SS chain links. With the SS hand stamp to the left. Noting that because the stamp was tilted when it was used - one side is deeper than the other. Whereas with the machine stamped example to its right it is fairly evenly stamped across the whole link.

Using the best Hack Army dagger marking posted (IMO). Even assuming that there was die breakdown* (unlikely IMO given the relatively low volume) it doesn't appear to share the same characteristics. (*I think that I may have some pictures of the results of a marking die that is breaking down, but can�t lay my hands on it (or them) at the moment.) Along with a couple of other factors that admittedly make it a littler harder to judge - but that don�t significantly affect my conclusion from what I have seen to date. With the other marking options of course being etching or engraving.

And as for the plating. It appears to be on top of the trademark/logo marking instead of being applied through it. Meaning that it looks to me like it was already there when it was plated. Best Regards, FP

SS_markings.jpg (41.16 KB, 195 downloads)