My comments are simple and to the point:

1) We know that Mr. Mooney brought the dagger back because he told his son that. For those of you not familiar with buying rare pieces out of the woodwork, this is important testimony, whether you like it or not.

2) My dagger did not have a silver chain, but I still believe in them. We don't know why the silver chains are marked so poorly, but as I said in my comments, "not knowing" does not equal "a problem" especially when so much evidence to the contrary is present.

3) With the exception of Mr. Stephens, who had prior to this seminar only seen ONE example in the flesh, but who is a very good researcher nonetheless, none of the very few supporters of the "they are fake" position have much experience worth noting, to draw from, about daggers.

I think Paul Hogle said it best. Those who doubt this piece ought to re-read his post. Not only does he capture the fanciful position that the non-believers are forced to adopt, but he hits the nail on the head. This crusade to discredit this dagger is supported for the most part, by a very few who, as any tour of any forum will show, have a problem with ME, not the dagger.

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com