quote:
Originally posted by Houston Coates:
The list of supporters would be much too long to post and I don't know them all. The other list is also long after all this negative speculation. My only interest in the piece is that IMO it is a period piece of history being destroyed by opinion.
In the end you must deceide for yourself. --- and thats they way it is with MANY things in this hobby--opinion. MANY things are NOT clear cut and probably never will be--thats the way it is.

You made a statement, I just called it and asked who the believers are. I understand that some items are what they are, but this was not put on the forum by a collector. If you have issue with a legitimate piece being destroyed than I suggest taking that up with the original poster who declared the debate over as obviously it's not. Negative speculation is not the issue, but money is more than enough in this hobby to question motive. I do not mean any disrespect to you at all, I want to know why there is no argument on the daggers merits, and who has interest. That is a very fair question all things considered.