nickn2,

You have asked what I think is a very straight forward question: �but do they all have the cast hall marks??� It would seem that the answer is yes.

On August 1st 2007 Craig stated: �Here is the upper chain clip - very unique configuration. Note the lack of a functional snout-nose clip, and the presence of Gahr Munich silver stamps (which are always poorly stamped on these pieces).�

As the presumed leader of the 99.99 % majority that believes in the "H�hnlein" daggers, I have to assume that his statement is correct as to his belief at that time.

With on September 28, 2009 Craig offering this explanation: � Maybe Gahr only made the sample chain, and then Huhnlein got angry at them and gave the chains to another factory to reproduce for him. Maybe HIS NSKK High Leader (the one he is wearing, which appears to have a similar cartouche style suspension clip) was the original made by Gahr, and he sent his off to be reproduced so he could award "attaboy" awards to his friends for some last-minute road race. We will probably never know why the chains ended up being produced the way they were produced. ................�

Which is why I think there is a certain amount of confusion expressed by some of those reading the thread. An angry H�hnlein sending the chains off to a substandard subcontractor - who continued to use the cast in place �Gahr� logo?

Does that make sense?

FP