First I'm an unexperienced collector on this type of dagger.Second it's way over my head in price range.Reading this thread i have a couple of questions.
1. How many of this type dagger were produced at a time 1-3-7-12 ? Does anyone know ?
2.Did the same German craft's man make all the daggers or were they shop assigned at the request for purchase ?
3. Was there a standard for fittings or did the recipient change them as he liked ? Please don't tell me there were strict standards as High Officials did at times what they wanted.Stepp D. was a perfect example.
I'm not saying the dagger and fitting signature are right but none of us were there there all dead to include the makers of the daggers.There are no records by the company .we look at signatures and say there different.Thats way I'm asking how many were made at one time? .It may all sound dumb to the experts in the field but I'm sure there may be others asking as we went from a dagger to fittings, hallmarks in England and a very deep thread which at times I didn't even know what was being discussed . Again I'll say it so no one else has to "Eddie your dumb" Big Grin

You know you're over the hill when "Happy Hour" means Nap Time