I don't know why I even bother. Fred Prinz: the photo is clearly that of an NSKK High leader with crude center scabbard fitting, cartouche fitting, and HONOR fittings. You can even see the oakleaves on the crossguards. If you're going to dismiss this photo as somehow lacking, then I really have nothing else to say.

Why don't you answer ONE question: explain to us a logical scenario whereby a faker would have benefited by this bizarre scenario of ruining a box full of SA Honors, and then secretly inserting them into private hands, to be discovered over a period of 50 or so years. Neither you or the very few who share your view have EVER answered that question.

You guys are going to look very silly when ANOTHER picture comes out, someday. As to Fred Stephens' comment about "The Gottlieb" (clearly a violation of the code of conduct, I must sadly point out) coming out, why would Huhnlein give himself a dagger? Whatever dagger he has, it's probably not have what collectors know as the NSKK High Leader, though it does appear to have the identical cartouche fitting.

My challenge to either of the Freds: Give us a logical scenario to explain the 50 year gradual release of these so-called "ruined SA Honor Daggers." I daresay, you must propose a theory in order for your position to hold ANY weight whatsoever, especially in light of the Offermann photo.

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com