Johnj,

Now that's an excellent decision. Panzer etches are always in demand and thus the presumably hight cost. Luftwaffe etches are also highly in demand, but no matter how much they cost today, if you go for Rarity of etch and Condition of blade you will ALWAYS have something worth selling when you wish to.

Yes, Craig has a beautiful Eickhorn Panzer available for $ 5,295.00. Now don't get me wrong, it is an "in demand" etch, however I've seen quite a few of them (usually not for sale).
The highest priced example on my web-site is a MINTY, BLUED, OVAL E. Pack & Sohne with the anti-tank or artillery crew featured in the oval. This example is featured in my book on page 87 and I have never seen another example of this etch in a minty condition or not. The price I have on it is $ 4,900.00 and would be considered a much rarer example than the Eickhorn Panzer on Craigs list. But it's all in what you want! Other more common etches are more easily acquired and won't upset your pocketbook and that's usually a great place to start to see if you really have the etched bayonet "bugg" or not. If you would like one of my books I'll be happy to send you one, just go to my web-site (below).

I Love This Stuff
Von Ryan

Bayonets-27_GDF-smm.jpg (81.93 KB, 124 downloads)
poster