I understand you quit weal since i hade simmilar problems during my time in this exelent hoby!
It is like this ( no names ), if someone who is considerd a high autority in lets say Honor rings ( since this is a ring forum )diside that some ring is original than it is original but what if he is mistaken who will be strong enough to explain his mistake and be taken sereus by colectors comunity !?
I have seen many times that someone was simply band from colectors forum ( not this one!!! )when he disagree with some helmets experts and the funny thing was that it was cleare to other members two that the helmet is questonable at list if not fake but they yust shut up and let them have their scame and i am tooking abouth some sirius money!
Colecting 3 Raich militaria is not yust nice hoby any more but it become sirius bizniss where is a lott of cash involved and where is cash there are bad aples truying to scame us!!!
I belive only thing left to as colectors is learning abouth this beoutifull hoby and listen to your own gutt !!!