Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anttom Offline OP
OP Offline
Interested in an Eickhorn 20cm. fireman's bayonet minty with scabbard,frog, and officer's knot. It also has a distributor's stamp on one side of the Ricasso and Eickhorn TM on the other side. What should I expect to pay in today's market?

Always would depend on condition. That said, for someone like myself, the rarity of the distributor's mark will also play into mix. Which distributor are you referring to?

Also, I'd expect to pay more for a piece with a decent officer's knot. Would you have a picture or two?

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310
quote:
Originally posted by Billy G.:
Always would depend on condition. That said, for someone like myself, the rarity of the distributor's mark will also play into mix. Which distributor are you referring to?

Also, I'd expect to pay more for a piece with a decent officer's knot. Would you have a picture or two?

I see where you're coming from on the distributor marking Billy, you've probably already got most of the plain maker ones in mint condition now Razz.

Jokes aside it seems to be a Dollar based pricing for bayos in general, which means with the Pound in a sorry state in it's continuous wild up and down cycles I'm looking rather than buying.

It's all really up to the individual, do a bit of research on prices, is this the piece you want? Given the distributor mark, do you think it's worth it? It may appear again or may not. There are so many variables that it's difficult to price.

Get thee behind me Satan,......... and push!
Anttom Offline OP
OP Offline
I decided not to bid on the Eickhorn Faschinenmesser with the officer's knot.

Instead I bid on and won a mint Faschinenmesser by Tiger with a distributor's logo on the opposite side of the ricasso Georg Rieder Munchen. The bayonet was mint and included the frog for 212.50 plus S/H. My first fireman's bayonet.

Tiger/Reider is one of the more commonly seen combinations on fire bayonets. That said, a nicely conditioned, dual marked bayonet will always be attractive. As Jim said, it's really up to the individual as to what's "too much" to pay for a piece. My first fire bayonet was an Eban purchase, a mint long Eickhorn with frog & knot. I paid $200 for it which at the time was too much but I liked the piece & in hindsight, it started a bit of an obsession with me. Now the piece is quite ordinary to me although I won't sell it as I sometimes develop an attachment to a particular piece. It really comes down to if you, the collector, are happy. No one likes to overpay but sometimes I disregard this Smile Enjoy your new bayonet!

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310
Here is my Rieder, it has a Klass TM. It is short bladed version. Got it at the SOS in almost mint condition. Don't always find them in that condition. I was going to tell you what it cost but thought best of it. Let me tell you it was not much more than my age. Smile My first bayonets were in the $35-$55 dollar range. I don't think they have lost as much as my 401K Frown

TKissinger
Great piece Terry, even better at a nice price. Can't believe you picked that thing up for $35 Smile

In my experience Reider is almost always seen with Tiger marked products although I've occasionally seen them with this same Klaas mark. The Reider mark is the same too, 2 lines of letters as opposed to the more frequently seen arched name over M�nchen. I managed to pick one up late last year quite unexpectedly. I had secretly been lusting for one since seeing pics of Jim MacLean's from a few years ago.

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310
quote:
Originally posted by Anttom:
I decided not to bid on the Eickhorn Faschinenmesser with the officer's knot.

Instead I bid on and won a mint Faschinenmesser by Tiger with a distributor's logo on the opposite side of the ricasso Georg Rieder Munchen. The bayonet was mint and included the frog for 212.50 plus S/H. My first fireman's bayonet.

Definitely a wise decision to pass on something you're not sure of. Conratulations on your new piece and welcome to the obsession. Therapy is available if you feel the need.

There's just something about the Firemans bayonet. Happy collecting Smile

Get thee behind me Satan,......... and push!
Anttom,

Was the piece you initially mentioned was an Eick & Albert Zeigler, Giangen Brenz on Eban? If so, a nice looking piece. It sold for $305 which is a little on the high side IMO, that's what many dealers would ask.

One thing I noticed on your Tiger/Reider, it's a short model with wide blood groove, a nice scarce variation. Well done Smile

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,278,814 SS Bayonets
1,775,715 Teno Insignia Set
1,142,754 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
my new project
by Cameron - 06/15/2024 06:40 PM
Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941-42
by Cameron - 06/13/2024 06:06 PM
Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern
by Cameron - 06/12/2024 06:12 PM
German Naval sword - M1715?
by Chiska - 06/12/2024 02:02 PM
Latest New Posts
my new project
by Don Scowen - 06/16/2024 08:46 AM
Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941-42
by Cameron - 06/15/2024 09:24 PM
Organizational / Paramilitary rings
by Stephen - 06/15/2024 08:25 PM
Study and learning materials
by Gaspare - 06/15/2024 06:17 PM
German Naval sword - M1715?
by Gaspare - 06/15/2024 02:57 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,673
Posts329,369
Members7,557
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Don Scowen, Stephen, jean, Cameron, Sasha, Evgeniy, The_Collector), 315 guests, and 229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod