UBB.threads
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Luftwaffe Officers Bullion Wreath? - 12/31/2007 02:39 AM
Gents, i am looking to replace the wreath and eagle on a stripped visor, and bought this one thinking it might do the job.However, when held against the band portion of the cap, the insignia is too large.

Is this a piece of Luft insignia, other organisation, or a repro?

It was once stitched to something, and there is wear to the highlites of the bullion,the colour of the background material is a charcoal blue/grey,cloth backing..

Attached picture Picture_005~2.jpg
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Luftwaffe Officers Bullion Wreath? - 12/31/2007 02:41 AM

Attached picture Picture_008~1.jpg
Posted By: Mike Dalton Re: Luftwaffe Officers Bullion Wreath? - 01/01/2008 06:06 PM
Hi Kursk, while it appears to be of Luftwaffe style, I am puzzled by the greyish looking background. If you are looking to restore an officers visor, I think that one with a black background would be more appropriate and presentable. As for authenticity, it has some details that seem ok but, there seems to be a lot of 'spacing' between the ****ade and the wreath. Maybe for a country other than Germany that adopted some German designs? Confused
© Your new forums