UBB.threads
Posted By: Dave Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/11/2018 10:09 PM
Here are 2 pictures of an ammunition pack of 14 8mm bullets for a Type 14 Nambu Japanese ww2 pistol.

Can someone translate the ideographs for me please ? Thanks

Attached picture IMG_0060.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0061.JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/18/2018 06:30 PM
Anybody know anybody who knows Japanese ?

Feel free to post this on others forums.

Thanks
Dave
hi dave
i think if you contact jareth he would probly put it on the japanese forum on whermach forum wish you luck god bless andy militarynut
Posted By: Eric26 Re: Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/20/2018 12:28 AM

Dave,

Please see link for reference on Japanese 8mm ammo boxes of WWII

http://www.nambuworld.com/originalcartridgeboxes.htm

- you may have PLA re-issue ammo from 1950s?

just a thought

Thanks
Eric
Posted By: Dave Re: Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/20/2018 01:02 AM
Eric,

Thanks. I appreciate the effort.

I use that site a lot, but what I think I have is a regular box covered in heavy paper and stamped with an identifier of some sort. I have not ventured to unwrap the paper as it might be interesting.

And, Thanks for your support of the forum too,

Dave
Unfortunately I don't read Japanese. My opinion is ammo looks like period repacked examples I've seen
Posted By: Dave Re: Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/21/2018 01:21 PM
Thanks, Jareth
Dave, did you send me an email? If so I had tech issues & wasn't able to open & read. Resend or PM me
Posted By: Dave Re: Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/22/2018 01:26 AM
Jareth,

Yes it was about that re-wrapped or repacked ammo. I have not had the courage to take off the Kraft paper with the violet ink stamps.

BTW - I appreciate your presence here. Thanks.

As a Mod, you can sell stuff for free on our "For Sale" forum ... or post an ad for your business.

Dave
hi dave
good morning i just was thinking out loud to my self sounds good if you wish at the max show you can give me this ammo box and i can have it read by some japanese sword collectors that look at my samouri swords im selling at the show as i am bringing them three signed by the artist japanese samouri water color prints all hand done i believe one is signed Kane Sheigi sword maker some of these old samouri wariors signed thier own works of art i have had these beautifull prints from the 1800s for over thirty years i have to make room in my new home i have been blessed thru the years with family and friends in this great hobby i know some times i am a big pain in the butt but underneath all that im a good guy also have to sell off more of my german collection /japanese /american ww2 collectbles you can let me know on the ammo thanks god bless andy militarynut
Dave, I wouldn't take off that paper! Leave it as is!
Posted By: Dave Re: Japanese translation requested on Ammo pack - 08/24/2018 03:52 PM
I agree its been on there for 70+ years. I'm not sure I will bring it to the MAX. The weight of the bullets would probably tear up the box eventually.

But I will bring great photos.

Dave
I saw a box like that somewhere, too. Was it relevant for a while?
These ammo boxes used to be quite popular. My father often talked about them. During the war, they were predominantly used because they were handy. I heard they used to wrap them in foil so they wouldn't get the bullets wet. It was a very effective method. sick
© Your new forums