UBB.threads
Posted By: gary r jarva Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 06:27 PM
Hey guys - I need some help with this early Luft Horster blade marked. Also is Waffen Ampt. The sword belongs to a friend of mine and he wants to get rid of it. I have showed it to several people and have been told that the scabbard is questionable. The scabbard is not standard leather but a smooth surfaced material. It appears that the scabbard has never been messed with. I am sending some pics to get some input on this. Thank you.

Gary

Attached picture gary_059_(Small).jpg
Posted By: gary r jarva Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 06:36 PM
need assistance.
Posted By: gary r jarva Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 07:48 PM
Have eight more pictures, but just can't get them to post,
Gary
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 08:02 PM
The leather is totally gone. It can be recovered though but it does reduce the value somewhat.

Are the scabbard rings going thru a METAL hanger? If it's leather it's OK, it looks too circular to me where the rings go into the hanger in the pics.

Mark Cool
Posted By: gary r jarva Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 08:17 PM
Mark,If you would post your email address I'll send you the other pictures.The covering thats on the scabbard is compleat but of a different type materal-----------Gary
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 10:24 PM
Posting addl. pics for owner:

Attached picture luft4.jpg
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 10:25 PM
Another:

Attached picture luft5.jpg
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/16/2007 10:26 PM
One more:

Attached picture luft6.jpg
Posted By: Paul Horton Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/31/2007 04:21 AM
so what is the current status of this sword? ever since I sold my WKC, I have been heartbroken!
Posted By: gary r jarva Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/31/2007 06:11 AM
Paul,
Still have the sword with me,and still think its right.I've talked with several sword guys and have different opinions on leather textures on the early Luft.I'll bring it along to the SOS and mybe have Slim Wittmen look at it,==========Gary
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/31/2007 03:34 PM
I look forward to seeing it. It is a nice looking sword from what I can see of it. Is it just smooth leather or painted leather? It's hard to tell from the pics.

Mark
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/31/2007 08:23 PM
It's a legit piece as everyone has spoken to. That Morroccan leather on the scabbard is funky looking. I really have a difficult time discerning what the deal with it is. If it's still in place, then your OK. If not, it can be recovered as other members have said. I'm really echoing the sentiments of all the other members here. I've always liked the Horsters. The were really quality Luft fliergschwerts and have stood the test of time. Mines a Horster, and I'm totally happy with her.

Happy Holidays,
T
Posted By: gary r jarva Re: Help with early Luft sword - 12/31/2007 09:01 PM
Thanks for the in put guys,the scabbard leather is a smooth Morroccan blue,several year ago I seen a early first Luft.with the same type of leather on the scabbard.
I'm looking fourward to the SOS,alway have had a wonderful time and hope to meet a few of you guys. Thanks agin,------Gary
© Your new forums