UBB.threads
Posted By: Gator Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/21/2009 09:10 PM
I just finished watching "Before the Fall". It's
in German with english subtitles. It's about a Hitler Youth Boxer who enters the NPEA. Fascinating!!! I don't know if it has been discussed before but it's definitely worth seeing.
Posted By: Adam Kirchen Re: Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/22/2009 02:49 AM
Yes its a very good movie which was discussed a few years back. It has several titles depending on the origin of the DVD you are play. The most common is Napola and Before The Fall. Other great German language films with subtitles are; Downfall '04(Hitler bunker 1945), The Counterfeiter '07(KZ movie and very good), Joyeux Noel-Merry Christmas '05(Christmas Truce in 1914)This is multiple language movie. Check them out eBay usually has them all.
Posted By: Gator Re: Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/22/2009 03:08 PM
Thanks Adam,
I have seen "Downfall". I guess I will track down "The Counterfeiter" next.
Posted By: Degens Re: Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/24/2009 01:05 AM
I watched " Before the fall " tonight. What a great film, especially the grenade scene. The attention to detail and uniforms are outstanding and well worth the predictable plot and subtitles.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/24/2009 06:05 PM
I rented "Die Falscher" (The Counterfeiters) recently & wasn't so impressed. Good story line mostly because it's based in fact but the personalities of some of the cast were very predictable, in a negative way.

"Before the Fall" looks very good & I'd love to see it. Sadly I haven't been able to find it yet.
Posted By: Adam Kirchen Re: Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/24/2009 07:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Billy G.:
I rented "Die Falscher" (The Counterfeiters) recently & wasn't so impressed. Good story line mostly because it's based in fact but the personalities of some of the cast were very predictable, in a negative way.

"Before the Fall" looks very good & I'd love to see it. Sadly I haven't been able to find it yet.

True it had some predictability in it. But most movies don't shine to well on camp guards and criminals. Wink
Posted By: Robert H. Re: Anyone seen "Before the Fall" - 10/25/2009 01:12 AM
For my view a very good movie from a little bid a different unspoken perspective. I saw it back in Germany in 04 or 05, there the name was Napola.
© Your new forums