UBB.threads
Posted By: BigMike09 Luftwaffe Ring - 11/09/2017 09:40 PM
I saw this for sale, is it original? Looks ok to me and the markings look right.

Attached picture IMG_5820.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5821.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5822.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 02:06 PM
-

problem with this pattern,,and the flyers,,,is that when they were counterfeited years ago good worn originals were used! So a bit more real ageing and it gets a bit hard sometimes from photos..

I see a couple things I don't like. I was going to highlight them,,,but lets see what the other members say...
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 02:13 PM
The stamp concerns me
I did not know the silver content
Maker
And quality mark were all one stamping block
The laurins mark alone i would be wary of
I have a good luft ring air gunner emblem though
But no marks likely because it is a brassy material
Is this also brassy material because it looks to be so
Posted By: Militarynut Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 02:31 PM
hi members
this is what i say to big mike please let us guys here on the ring forum know your real name i have asked that before with your first ring that you totaly ignored now you have another ring you want to know if its real or fake i personily wouldnt give you any of my expert opinions for being so rude to us i will never have time for rude people like you still have a good day any way andy militarynut
Posted By: BigMike09 Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 03:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi members
this is what i say to big mike please let us guys here on the ring forum know your real name i have asked that before with your first ring that you totaly ignored now you have another ring you want to know if its real or fake i personily wouldnt give you any of my expert opinions for being so rude to us i will never have time for rude people like you still have a good day any way andy militarynut

I'm sorry but I wasn't rude? I simply posted a ring for opinions. Sorry if I offended you. My name is Michael Aers .
Posted By: BigMike09 Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 03:59 PM
Would you like my social security number? As for the ring I tend to like it, but I did notice the brass as well. It looks like someone bought it on one of the other forums. I'm not an expert on rings by any means, I'm a dagger guy, but they tend to catch my eye every now and then. I was told the seller of this one knows his stuff though. I try to only judge based on the items though. My concern with this particular piece is there seems to be no definition in the details which could be caused by wear, but it's strange to see wear over the whole ring instead of in certain areas. The photos could be better too.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 06:40 PM
BM09,, I think the problem is there is a Big Mike in Mich. already some might know.. If you are a new member then I welcome you,,,if your not then thats another matter.

The ring,,well like I mentioned,from those photos its not for me..
Posted By: odal Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 07:09 PM
Let`s go back to the stuff.
The ring.
Agree in the markings, not the best but still possible to be good in my opinion.
The ring itself....i have 3 of this pattern in condition from worn to death up to hard worn and see in moment no real bad faults.
I think it has a chance to be a good one but Needs a Hand inspection.
Posted By: BigMike09 Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/10/2017 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Gaspare
BM09,, I think the problem is there is a Big Mike in Mich. already some might know.. If you are a new member then I welcome you,,,if your not then thats another matter.

The ring,,well like I mentioned,from those photos its not for me..

Really? Perhaps I should've picked another name. I've just always been called big mike as I am 6'7. Not as fat as I used to be thankfully. If you know the other guys last name I can show you my license as I am not him.

But yes back to the ring, I liked it, but it's sold now so it won't be mine unfortunately. The one thing I've been told with WWII rings is they are mostly die struck and I used to make wedding bands so I know the signs of cast rings and I didn't see any in the photos, they could be better. I was also told the seller of the ring knows his rings very well. I know the pattern is based on a real one as well, but I certainly do not know as much as most of you probably do.

There's another Luftwaffe ring for sale on the same website I just liked this design better. I'm in no rush so I will wait for one to show up, maybe at the SOS if I'm not too nervous to pull the trigger.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - 11/11/2017 02:50 AM
I deleted it not Mike.. Stop the MFing BS everyone if you can't respect each other!

Big Mike, an official welcome to the forum..

Lets stick to our hobby,,please post anything,,Axis or Allied,,,rings, cufflinks, tie clips, brooches, fobs, stic pins,,we like it all and for me the weirder the better! Lets get on with it..

Oh yeah,,6'7"!, yeah I'd say your the new Big Mike. wink
© Your new forums