UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Went to see my rings today... - 11/04/2016 08:38 PM
Some have made comments about 'hey where are your rings'. Well here are some I've had in storage. I've been here over 15 years. Many topics are gone and many were of my rings..

Heres some of my cases:

Attached picture 029.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/04/2016 08:39 PM
here are rings in their original boxes/cases..

Attached picture 016.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/04/2016 08:42 PM
I have probably another 30 more that are in groups, with award documents etc.
It really doesn't matter if I have 1000 or 7,,I have some experience after over 35 years of collecting I believe to form a learned opinion.
IF your not happy then prove someones point is wrong,,not ask them for more proof of why a piece is bad..
Posted By: polop Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/04/2016 08:51 PM
well said
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/04/2016 11:33 PM
Homina homina homina.... WOW (understatement of 2016).... Gentlemen, I do believe Elvis has just left the building smile

Attached picture IMG_4205.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:17 AM
polop,Byz, thank you..
Really, its not about quantity. IF it was the richest guy would have a terrific collection! But sadly it does work out that way sometimes...
anyway,,I'd rather have quality then quantity and have many questionable rings..

When I was looking thru some of my things I've found a box I haven;t seen in a while,,,

Attached picture 005.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:18 AM
kind of a plainish ring. A helmeted soldier,,oak leafs on sides,,hunky thing..

Attached picture 008.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:20 AM
but on the inside this:

Attached picture 010.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:22 AM
this too,,haven't seen in a while. These are hard to find in good condition..

Attached picture 018.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:24 AM
these fellows too! , good to se them again!

Attached picture 017.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:34 AM
keep my WestFront rings in here.

Attached picture 003.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:35 AM
all WestFront rings...

Attached picture 001.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:39 AM
some of my favorite skulls..

Attached picture 028.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 04:40 AM
few more of my favs

Attached picture 026.JPG
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 07:47 AM
Outstanding pieces, gorgeous! Thank u for sharing G!
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 01:11 PM
Bravo G !!!
Posted By: odal Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Gaspare

Hey, my opinion....it seems pics for Trigger are not the best idea
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 02:12 PM
Thanks for sharing g....what an amazing collection! A dream for me!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: odal

Can't help but agree gotz.....a can hear the XXXXX fake jewelry makers licking thier lips from here.....
Chris,,please nothing like that. We have members from all over and the counterfeiters are from all over the world!
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 02:51 PM
Very nice rings, nothing to say more. Most type of skull rings I have, I'm not envy :))
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Some photos for Trigg - 11/05/2016 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: chris12559
Originally Posted By: odal

Can't help but agree gotz.....a can hear the XXXXX fake jewelry makers licking thier lips from here.....
Chris,,please nothing like that. We have members from all over and the counterfeiters are from all over the world!

Very true.....i should have said eastern instead of russian....by far the vast majority originate there....just a fact my apologies
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/06/2016 05:44 AM
I'm married to a East European,,Have family there. Some great friends that I see in Beloruss, Poland, Ukraine. Hope one day to get to visit the big E. in Russia! I can tell you sure many counterfeiters there. But they are everywhere! For a few years some of the best copy HRs came out of Japan [maybe still do!]. The US for many years have copied the rings our Vets brought home!, so no innocents anywhere....

Trigg,,
"Very nice rings, nothing to say more. Most type of skull rings I have, I'm not envy :))"

I didn't post to make you envy [?].. I posted out of request from you!
So I showed some. Wish I could show more.
So Trigg,,I'm sure you have a wonderful collection too. Please,,show some of your favorites...
Posted By: Mark4321 Re: Some of my rings - 11/06/2016 10:16 AM
Yes, let's bring it on1 :-)
Posted By: Thundahbolt Re: Some of my rings - 11/07/2016 04:19 PM
Nice skulls !
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 11/07/2016 04:26 PM
Hey thunda haven't seen u for a while welcome back! I figure w over 1000 views on these threads we r gonna see our old buddies again! And yes I agree some rare patterns in there too- red eyes in the hollow skull is very impressive esp in that it was worn and hollow and intact! My only example of this ring shows how delicate it really was, will post again sometime this week
Posted By: Thundahbolt Re: Some of my rings - 11/07/2016 07:25 PM
Thanks Byz. I have one as well, w/out the red eyes though. I unfortunately wore it out and
ended up breaking the band in back. They are delicate!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/09/2016 04:22 AM
here's a few more..

Thanks to member Gottleib for the help!

Attached picture 016.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/09/2016 04:33 AM
really bad shot but these 2 Italians are HOT!

Gilt inner bands, multi piece, hallmarks, the works..

Attached picture 018.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/09/2016 04:35 AM
I have some really cool ones,,but these are some of my fav WWs.

Attached picture 021.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/09/2016 05:08 AM
few more of my favs,,,

Attached picture 020.JPG
Posted By: odal Re: Some of my rings - 11/09/2016 06:44 AM
Some real killers!
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some of my rings - 11/09/2016 09:43 AM
I like westwall glass ring with skull!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 06:42 AM
anyone with some Estonian rings??

Attached picture 024.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 06:44 AM
few more favs....

Come on guys,,,its the holidays/slow season. start a topic and show a couple of your favorites even if we've seen them already!

Attached picture 011.JPG
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 10:43 AM
Great pieces G! I've always wanted one of those Dutch mobilization rings one day myself too, the Durch kampf zum sieg is based on this yes? Well here is my contribution- a nice tagged Frey skull from vinnie Mint w rote augen and a well worn devils head ring nice coppery/brassy color shows beneath the deep patina!

Attached picture IMG_4359.JPG
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 12:03 PM
devils head - is it ww2 period ?
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 01:53 PM
Yes they were associated w the 9th ss Hohenstaufen symbol of die springender teufel. This came out of Bulgaria, w some period Soviet and Bulgarian items. Likely from operation spring awakening failure of ss division in Hungary. It's had a rough life, kind of smashed on one side. I don't clean my rings so it's pretty mucky, but I like it. (Not much of a wearer!) I shared w G before I bought it, and quite frankly I'm surprised it even made it here- but here we are! The snakes and skull was IMHO the nicest piece of it's kind at the max- they don't get better than that. (And they can't get much more expensive!) it's one of my finest skulls without question. Also, clearly not a wearer. (Stays in the box)!
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 02:02 PM
I meant to post my USMC and USN fighting rings here too here but decided to post for sale on waf instead, guess that happens sometimes when u stare at the collection too long... I have the same "fest steht..." ring as G too- does anyone have a westwall skull to show or another fest steht ww ring example to show?
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Yes they were associated w the 9th ss Hohenstaufen symbol of die springender teufel. This came out of Bulgaria, w some period Soviet and Bulgarian items. Likely from operation spring awakening failure of ss division in Hungary. It's had a rough life, kind of smashed on one side. I don't clean my rings so it's pretty mucky, but I like it. (Not much of a wearer!) I shared w G before I bought it, and quite frankly I'm surprised it even made it here- but here we are! The snakes and skull was IMHO the nicest piece of it's kind at the max- they don't get better than that. (And they can't get much more expensive!) it's one of my finest skulls without question. Also, clearly not a wearer. (Stays in the box)!

I believe this ring is far away from hohenstaufen symbol of springender teufel. I believe this is old ring but doesn't related to ww2.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 11/19/2016 09:55 PM
Well, I'm seasoned enough to know about anything is possible- I know that the style G said existed in a couple possible battalions in another thread, so I'm not going to lay my life down on that fact! I'm going with the reasonable possibilities based on where it came from, but even so- u can pull something right out of the ground out there, but that doesn't mean someone didn't plant it for a later harvest! Proximity doesn't mean much really. I'll only go with what seems likely and what I think ---it's definitely not some creation and regardless I absolutely love it- it is permanently NFS!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/20/2016 05:11 AM

This Devil head is a WW2 German pattern.. Many years ago I received one directly from a German vets family. He was in Panzer Rgt. 31.. I've seen the same one as mine in an auction years ago also attributed to the same regiment. It was in great condition, had its silver wash still and had red paint in the eyes.
Mine actually had more of the plating but over the years its just about all gone!

I have heard about others being attributed to:
9th SS-Panzer Abt. 102 [502] , and
Stg. Brigade 209. But have not done any research other than to check the mascot and indeed is a Devil!

They been around,,I've seen them at the digger shows in the mid 90s in E. Europe, and here and there in the states. Overall not a particularly nice looking ring but because of its material/simple design, affordable for the soldiers of the units... A hard ring to find in very good/excellent condition
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some of my rings - 11/20/2016 09:15 PM
I will show after 5th of december real devil head with some kind of provenance wink
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 11/21/2016 01:44 AM
Trigg, I'm sure there is more than one pattern.
Those who have been collecting for years have seen this pattern. And I wasn't going to call the German family who claimed the unit the ring belonged to liars.. I and many others who have been collecting a while this pattern is fine.
IF you don't like it fine, backhanded comments are not needed here....
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: Some of my rings - 11/21/2016 06:19 PM
Here in Russia , too dont know about devils symbol 9th ss Hohenstaufen
As I heard, it rings attributed to baltics republics, found with legioners
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 12/03/2016 07:27 AM
hey yes Evgeniy! Latvia had I think,,maybe Est. or Lith too. Forest people?

Mine from a German family living here in the U.S. They said Panzer Rgt. 31 and I believe them.. Really,,there were several Devils and Heads used and I'd like to see others.
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some of my rings - 12/12/2016 08:51 AM
Here is the only known by me pattern with devil head with good provinance for me. Here is the pics.

Attached picture yJxyG4KGVn8.jpg
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some of my rings - 12/12/2016 08:52 AM
Here is my ring

Attached picture KMAn_Z6LvrI.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 12/12/2016 01:12 PM
Ok trig- so let's hear the provenance... I'm dying to know this Baltic/ legioneres secret but no one will tell me (and I can't read Russian.....)
Posted By: Triggerself Re: Some of my rings - 12/12/2016 10:30 PM
Devil head ring with are showed on picture with dog tags was found in North Karelia.

P.S Rings found with Latvian legionaires was only patriotic and with skulls and snakes (I have 3 rings (not from hoard witch was found with legionaires) - two was found in Courlad near Saldus town and Kekava area and one battle damaged from other side of Riga city.

Also never saw devils face rings in baltic states.
Posted By: CMT04 Re: Some of my rings - 12/16/2016 09:38 PM
So cool.... I hope I can find just 1 of those original skull rings soon!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 12/28/2016 04:24 AM
went to my ring stash today.. To pick up my collection for some last min reshoots, additions etc. My last post here for a while . Enjoy these as I do!

Attached picture 044.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 12/28/2016 04:25 AM

Attached picture 045.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 12/28/2016 04:25 AM

Attached picture 046.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some of my rings - 12/28/2016 04:28 AM
these are Bulgarian Hitler Youth!
This little box was crammed with these rings [about 6]. All tiny size for kids. Gave a couple away to members here when I first got the load. Weird little things but a cool and rare 3rd reich era rings!

Attached picture 047.JPG
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Some of my rings - 12/28/2016 04:28 AM
I was looking at these yesterday in another post in fact.. love the HJ ring, only one I've seen and the wound badge ring I absolutely dig 1000%! Original boxes here too!
Posted By: odal Re: Some of my rings - 12/28/2016 06:43 AM
Some real beauties i have still seen times ago.

Ultra rare Luft and HJ and the Bulgarian.
The Luft and HJ are on my wish list, the Bulgarian i got years ago from you and still have to say thanks for wink
© Your new forums