UBB.threads
Posted By: Mr Nolan Erased name TKR - 06/17/2008 05:57 PM
I was under the impression that the high value of TKR's lay in the fact that they are one of the very few attributable third reich awards and therefore easily researchable. I collect British Victorian campaign medals which, apart from the Crimean medal, were issued named up. Unnamed and erased medals bring only a fraction of the price of a named piece, so I wondered how this would affect a TKR given that there is one currently offered for sale at a healthy $7k+, the ring is well worn and the recipients name has been obliterated, so what, if any, interest does such a ring offer to collectors?

Nolan
Posted By: Seiler Re: Erased name TKR - 06/17/2008 06:25 PM
The "must have & show off factor"....
Seiler (Yank in UK) Big Grin
Posted By: Seiler Re: Erased name TKR - 06/17/2008 06:28 PM
Just love the guy keeping time to Adolf,s
ukelele (banjo??)
Seiler Big Grin Big Grin
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Erased name TKR - 06/18/2008 01:08 AM
yeah that is pretty cool!

Mr.Nolan, $7K is a hefty price for a HR that can't be traced, and is also worn..Just last year I saw a few that were in the 3 and 4K range.. Prices have stagnated a bit on all HRs,,but that can probably be traced to the economy...
Do you have any photos? or a link to the ring? ...,G.
Posted By: gjd52 Re: Erased name TKR - 06/18/2008 01:57 AM
Perhaps it's the ring on Gottliebs site, asking price is $7495.00
Posted By: Mr Nolan Re: Erased name TKR - 06/18/2008 03:08 PM
Yes Craig has it!

Nolan
Posted By: RaymondG Re: Erased name TKR - 07/08/2008 10:21 PM
Hi

I have a totenkopfring and at some point the inscription has been milled off completely.

I did not pay much for it, but it was certainly worth having as it is an original ring.

I would not really advocate any collector buying a ring without a full inscription, if it is to be their first ring. It maybe cheaper, but all that glitters is not gold and you will always wish you had spent the extra and bought one that can be researched.

Raymond
Posted By: zorro Re: Erased name TKR - 07/09/2008 12:28 AM
TK Rings are not that easy to research unless there is only one person with the name and then it needs to be an early one. I still wonder for sure unless it comes with an award document.I look at it just like a denazified item its ruined.What is an army dagger worth with the swastika broken off ? Not much to me.
© Your new forums