UBB.threads
Posted By: sdp NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 08:24 PM
I have no idea about these daggers at all. Is this one any good?

I'm apprehensive as the guy is in Poland and payments are to be made via Western Union and Moneygram. However, he does have good feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NPEA-Student-dagger-Original_W0QQit...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: sdp Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 08:24 PM

Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: sdp Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 08:24 PM

Attached picture 3.jpg
Posted By: sdp Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 08:25 PM

Attached picture 4.jpg

Attached picture 5.jpg

Attached picture 6.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 08:45 PM
sdp, wait for Ron Weinand to comment on this one! Regards, teufel
Posted By: sdp Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 09:50 PM
Yes, good idea teufal...
Posted By: charlie Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 10:50 PM
I noticed in his ebay history he buys a lot of dagger parts for whatever that is worth. Charlie
Posted By: sturmbrigade Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 11:19 PM
I would be very cautious to say the least. Poland + Western Union = Disaster. If the dagger is good i would be definately using eschrow or putting a password on the money transfer and not give it to the seller until it is in your hands.
TG
Posted By: Dave Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 11:26 PM
Western Union to Poland ???

Dave
Posted By: sdp Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 11:33 PM
Western Union to Poland isn't the best scenerio I agree but he has built up some good feedback.

Any thoughts on the dagger itself? The Seller says that it has a fake grip and that the scabbard has been repainted but what about the rest?
Posted By: Billy G. Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/09/2006 11:55 PM
Hi SDP,

It's true the seller has managed to secure a lot of positive feedbacks but I would avoid the piece because of 2 big facts Sturmbrigade and Dave H. pointed out, the combination of Poland and Western Union. There's too much of a chance that you could get screwed out of your money. I don't believe you have much, if any, recourse if you get stung with a Western Union transfer. My suggestion is have the guy take a Paypal payment and use a credit card. That way you might be able to have your credit card refund the charge in the event the piece doesn't come or comes and is bunk.
Posted By: nats Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/10/2006 12:32 AM
I know of forum members that have bought daggers from this guy without any problems.
he also accepts direct bank transfers for European buyers.
Billy G . paypal does not operate in Poland or Russia,yet ebay ,which is paypal tell you not to pay by Western Union.I think Ebay should not accept sellers if they cannot pay using Paypal,
regards nats

http://www.stan-the-man.tk
Posted By: Billy G. Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/10/2006 02:12 AM
Stan,

You're quite correct Smile
Posted By: zet Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/10/2006 12:25 PM
Im from Poland i know this seller from polish allegro quasi eaby site he is very reasoneable seller .I can say all his items is real to the description and he never cheat anybody. If you are afraid use bank transfer. Zet P.S. I did not make
a good feedback i say only my opinion .regards
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/10/2006 02:42 PM
I am highly suspect of this dagger. If you look in my book, I have a dagger that is one serial number off this piece and the numbers and engravings are not the same.
Also, with a repainted scabbard (are we covering up a post war made scabbard from a SA?) and a new grip, and the blade is crap, why bother??
JUST MY OPINION,
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria
Posted By: zet Re: NPEA STUDENT DAGGER - 02/10/2006 03:02 PM
With all respect my opinion was about the seller not the dagger im not expert.To buy it or not to buy this is choice belongs to buer i can only say that you have chance that you dont take a box of old chocolate not the dagger from this seller.
I remeber discusion like this on polish site and one true advice : first many, many photos and mails next bidding i think thats true. Greeting from Poland
© Your new forums