UBB.threads
Posted By: Vassago Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/18/2016 09:06 PM
Hello colleagues, I have seen this dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" for sale but before deciding anything I would like to read your wise comments, see you red flags here?

I appreciate your comments.
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/19/2016 05:55 AM
This is a fake, laser etched blade, grip wrong grain/color and shape for an Eickhorn. Scabbard wrong color, and wrong lug for a late Eickhorn, and it's crooked too. Funny, I have pictures of the real PL 108 dagger, belongs to a forum member.
Posted By: wotan Re: Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/19/2016 11:50 AM
Additionally to all wrong points vintagetimenow has already listed, the font of the stamping (letters and figures) does look also wrong.
Regards,
Posted By: Vassago Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/19/2016 02:21 PM
Thank you very much comrades for your comments, of course it is a very successful forgery, now that I do not have the eagle of the Reich in his grip, were there original examples of the time without the eagle in his grip?
Posted By: VAT69 Re: Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/19/2016 04:22 PM
It is alarming that the scammers have already learned a lesson about the "S" from Ejckhorn.

Regards,
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/19/2016 04:44 PM
Originally Posted By: vintagetimenow
This is a fake, laser etched blade, grip wrong grain/color and shape for an Eickhorn. Scabbard wrong color, and wrong lug for a late Eickhorn, and it's crooked too. Funny, I have pictures of the real PL 108 dagger, belongs to a forum member.

The real PL 108 was indeed posted here about ten years back by a Forum member; a student piece by Burgsmuller complete with its correct pattern frog.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/19/2016 07:35 PM
Maker mark is definitely laser etched into the blade although the motto's "S" is correct, as was pointed out. The fact the real original Bergsm�ller PL108 was posted here highlights the need to keep some elements on detail a bit quiet since fakers do read the forums.
Posted By: Vassago Dagger NPEA "Eickhorn" - 12/21/2016 11:18 AM
First of all I want to thank you and the forum in general for your help, if it were not for you several times I would have made a mistake in a purchase and of course I also do not learn from you when you show data, details of the pieces, I am grateful for everything What you teach me, since as a collector that I am I must absorb all the possible information about this world of the Dates of the Third Reich, thank you very much.
© Your new forums