UBB.threads
Posted By: E Rader Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/23/2007 04:31 PM
Guys, over 6 years of collecting, trade shows, internet shopping I have NEVER seen an example of this quality before. I just sold one on e-bay that was in mint condition, this one is better! It has that nice dull, frosting (never been cleaned look)

Near flawless, bought from an old collection.

Attached picture 100_2713.JPG
Posted By: E Rader Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/23/2007 04:33 PM
check out the frosting

Attached picture 100_2714.JPG
Posted By: E Rader Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/23/2007 04:35 PM
blade is flawless

Attached picture 100_2715.JPG
Posted By: E Rader Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/23/2007 04:36 PM
a REAL keeper! Big Grin

Attached picture 100_2716.JPG
Posted By: Terry Pullen Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/25/2007 03:22 PM
That's a REAL beauty. Nice one!
Posted By: rakra Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/26/2007 12:00 PM
Congratulation
never seen such excellent DRK-F�hrer
Posted By: tobau Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/26/2007 07:38 PM
Great dagger.
Last week i have sold a similar condition red cross leader .
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/26/2007 08:02 PM
FANTASTIC dagger there!!!
I think the design of these pieces is under appreciated, they look SO nice and in that condition.... you CANNOT beat it!!!
Congrats!!!
Johnny
Posted By: patrice Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/26/2007 08:29 PM
What can I say ? Woaaaaah ! Eek
That's a real keeper for sure.
Congrats on a fine specimen.
Posted By: E Rader Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/26/2007 10:58 PM
This is what makes collecting fun, its all in the hunt for the best!!!!!!
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/28/2007 07:26 AM
I believe that DRK Leader's Daggers were the least worn of all the TR Daggers. This can be seen by the large number of these daggers in super condition. More DRK Leader's are near mint to mint than any other leader type.
Also, the worst part of the dagger is the scabbard. Steel with a plating and these scabbards will rust easily when the surface plating is cracked or has a fault, resulting in rust formation underneath the surface.
I have had super DRK Officer Daggers with severe rusting around the center scabbard band and even had one where the scabbard actually separated at the bottom of the center scabbard band from rust, while the rest of the dagger appeared to be near mint (the veteran had used a small thin wire just below the center band and around the top fitting next to the grip to hold the dagger on a board in his basement and the wire rusted and rusted the scabbard completely thru at the spot of contact. Unbelievable!!
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 09/28/2007 01:24 PM
That's a fine dagger to add to your growing collection of minty daggers. A pleasure to look at every day.
Posted By: Landser Re: Pristine Redcross DRK Leaders Dagger - 10/08/2007 01:53 AM
Absolute beauty & still undervalued IMO.
For anyone who has not had one of these in the hand, they are a real treat!
© Your new forums