UBB.threads
Posted By: bruce 1443 helmet info - 01/04/2008 11:05 PM
Hello all

I am in need of some knowledge information on my German helmet I have had this since I was a small kid I believe after the war it was used by the Norweigion armed forces at least this is what I was told
Please give me with any information possible on the inside skirt it is stamped ET62 , and on the liner it is marked twice with a 55
It is a unusual Stallenhelm in that it is so very very small it is the size for a small child not a man or teenager it really is very small
Please supply myself with any info on this lid as possible I would very much appreciate it I forgot to say it is a rolled edge model

Thanks
Best Regards
Bruce
take care all
Posted By: Raymond Re: helmet info - 01/05/2008 12:20 AM
While it is a small size the most common size is 64 for the shell and 57 for the liner. don't forget there were alot of HJ helpers that needed a helmet. Do you have any photos? Post war used helmets usually have tell tale signs of there use.
Posted By: Rev.Mike Re: helmet info - 01/05/2008 06:06 PM
Hi Bruce,
If you think a 62 is small wait until you see a 60. Europeans were somewhat smaller a generation ago, but teenagers were in service in HJ & etc as well, just as Raymond noted.
Posted By: bruce 1443 Re: helmet info - 01/08/2008 12:01 AM
Thanks for the replys
This helmet has alway s interested me and others due to it s small size who ever used it was very small or a teenager
I also thought that it could possibly be a contract helmet made in Germany for China they have small heads also but ir being re issued to Norway dose not really fit a Chinese helmet or dose it
As for pictures years ago I repainted the helmet and put SS decal on it which I am going to redue
Thanks
Bruce
© Your new forums