UBB.threads
Posted By: SSTk New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 06:26 AM
I cant let Darryl have ALL the fun. These were formerly his after all, Anyway I recently aquired these helmets and wanted to show them off a bit.
the Schalburg Korps helmet formerly owned by both the esteemed Mr.Pajot and Mr.Baer and in SS Helmets by Hicks and Beaver.ppg186.

Attached picture May_4_062r.jpg
Posted By: SSTk Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 06:29 AM
Danish SS helmet to Schalburg Korps, w fat runes decal variant, M40 painted over DD in black. SS Helmets ppg 183 and SS Steel ppg 188.
Again formerly owned by the esteemed Mr.Pajot.
I am honored to have these in my SS helmet collection.

Attached picture May_4_064r.jpg
Posted By: SSTk Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 06:32 AM
Displayed with Das Schwarzes Korps tabak tin, WSS Panzer Officers early model overseas cap with panzer pink piped soutache which I am hoping will be in an upcoming SS Headgear publication, and 4,8 and 12 year SS Long Service medals-with a helluva cool story behind them if anyone is interested-

Attached picture May_4_065r.jpg
Posted By: SSTk Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 06:33 AM
The middle is new, Allgemeine SS duckbill DD, between Austrian transitional DD and KM transitional DD.

Attached picture May_4_053r.jpg
Posted By: tonym Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 07:51 AM
Hi Doug,
Great additions too your already exremely impressive SS headgear collection. Eek
Posted By: darryl Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 11:41 AM
Doug,

Very impressive collection indeed. Brings back a lot of fond memories (sniff). However, it is very nice to see that they have found a good home and appreciative new owner.

I would love to see some pics of your droop-bill helmet.

Cheers,
Posted By: darryl Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 11:43 AM
Here is a period picture of the glossy Danish SS helmet in wear. Unfortunately the pic is taken of the non-decal side.

Attached picture Danish-6.jpg
Posted By: darryl Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 11:44 AM
And...here is a period picture of a squad of Schalburg soldiers. The helmet you now own could be in this very pic.

Attached picture Danish-schalburghelmets-2.jpg
Posted By: Rob Sutton Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 02:35 PM
Absolutely outstanding ,congratulations on owning some very very impressive historical artifacts .Rob.
Posted By: SSTk Re: New SS Helmets - 05/05/2007 02:39 PM
Thanks Darryl, they have a place of honor in my collection no question. Thank you for the Schalburg Korps pictures. Rare photographs to go with an even rarer helmet!
I will post some more pics of the droop-bill later this wknd!
Cheers
Posted By: K.P. Re: New SS Helmets - 05/06/2007 06:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SSTk:
Displayed with Das Schwarzes Korps tabak tin, WSS Panzer Officers early model overseas cap with panzer pink piped soutache which I am hoping will be in an upcoming SS Headgear publication, and 4,8 and 12 year SS Long Service medals-with a helluva cool story behind them if anyone is interested-

I'm interested in long service medal story please tell!!
Posted By: SSTk Re: New SS Helmets - 05/06/2007 06:48 PM
QUOTE]

I'm interested in long service medal story please tell!![/QUOTE]

I will PM you!
© Your new forums