UBB.threads
Posted By: tgn SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/26/2006 03:15 AM
I need some help. This SS Officer Buckle was sold to me on a "double my money back" guarantee. Is this one good, or am I going to win the "double my money" lotto?
Tom
Front:

Attached picture ssbuckle1a.jpeg
Posted By: tgn Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/26/2006 03:16 AM
Back:

Attached picture ssbuckle2a.jpeg
Posted By: Junker Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/26/2006 05:01 AM
No, you can't win the "double your money" lotto.. Smile
Perhaps you sell it and you've paid a very low prize..that's the only possibility to double your money. Smile

The officer buckle is a Original belt buckle made by Overhoff.
Posted By: tgn Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/26/2006 04:05 PM
Thanks for your comments, Junker. But are you sure about this? I posted the same photos on Wehrmacht-Awards.com and they blasted it as being a known fake....Tom
Posted By: Junker Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/26/2006 06:05 PM
Tom sorry, but meanwhile I'm no longer sure.
Here on my photo you can see an Original one. It's a ground dug. I'ved compared it with yours.But If you have better photos of the upper range of the rear side and better photos from the markings, it will be easier to say it with security.

Attached picture 3640rückse.jpg
Posted By: Jean Pierre Redeuilh Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/26/2006 07:01 PM
Hello tgn and Junker,
tgn officer buckle is an East European reproduction. It is the first generation (as I named them) of those fakes which were still cast from an original. So no wondering it could seems an original from a photo. The next generation is die struck and displays different features.

Anyway, just a fake. Maybe you could try the "double your money" feature since you are guaranteed it is a fake (so to double your money). 50% of it and I even write you a personal evaluation Big Grin
Posted By: tgn Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/28/2006 03:37 AM
Jean Pierre, thanks very much for your detailed information. You are an invaluable asset to this hobby! I am not going to hold this guy to the "double money back" guarantee, as he really thought it was real. I just wanted to prove a point...Tom
Posted By: Scott A. Hess Re: SS Officer Buckle - Good? - 06/28/2006 07:08 AM
TGN..do you by any chance know the Froehke family from Mt. Prospect?
© Your new forums